Antonio lives in Innisfil, and works in Barrie. He and his family enjoy visiting Centennial Beach, Innisfil Beach Park and a few hidden gems only the locals know about. Antonio is an active and possibly stellar member of the Barrie Lawyers Ice Hockey League. He spends his weekends working, raising a family, and visiting family/friends. Antonio’s interests and hobbies (aka “pipe-dream”) include cars and motorcycles, time permitting.
Antonio practices exclusively in Personal Injury and Employment law in Barrie, and surrounding areas. Antonio completed a bachelor’s degree with Honours before completing his Juris Doctor and his call to the Ontario Bar. Antonio is an advocate of Access to Justice initiatives. He is an active member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association. Antonio is an eager lawyer with ambition and drive. He thinks outside the box, is resourceful and equipped with excellent legal research skill and the tools necessary to maneuver through complex matters quickly and effectively.
Antonio is characterized as honest with his clients. He is not a ‘yes-man’. His advice is objective and rational. In court Antonio is a fierce advocate, possessed of strong analytical advocacy. Experienced in litigation, Antonio is proficient in examinations for discovery, cross-examinations, written advocacy, Tribunal Hearings, contested motions and Trial work.
Antonio has appeared before, and advocated at various levels of Courts and Tribunals, in Ontario. Developing a unique skill-set as a tactful litigator and persuasive writer, Antonio has had much success in representing his clients. Antonio serves clients from all walks of life and with regard to motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall claims, wrongful dismissal claims, WSIAT Appeals, long-term disability claims, Canada Pension Plan Disability claims, employment related human rights breaches and work-related harassment/violence claims.
Antonio is driven by an unyielding ambition, is competitive and methodical. Antonio welcomes challenges and pushes the limits of his, and his collogues on a daily basis. Rather than post his success stories, Antonio has opted to invite his present and past clients to write about him on Google and other lawyers-based ratings websites, in their own words.
I invite you to call me today for a consultation with regard to your personal injury or employment matters at 705-999-4998.
- Antonio is an active member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association and a current author and contributor to their electronic editorial as of 2016. Numerous articles related to personal injury and employment law can be found here: https://otlablog.com/author/antonio-meringolo/.
- Antonio was published in hard cover by Thomson Reuters and Carswell in 2017 ‘The Doctrine of Fraudulent Concealment in the Employment Context’.
- Antonio completed his second hard cover publication with Thomson Reuters and Carswell in 2018 “Non-Solicitation/Non-Competition & Restrictive Covenants”.
- Antonio has been a guest lecturer at Humber College, teaching 3rd and 4th year paralegal degree students.
- Antonio has been published in hard cover for a third time by Thomson Reuters and Carswell in 2019 ‘Family Status Protection in Childcare and the Duty to Accommodate & Jurisdictional Issues in Aboriginal Human Rights Matters’
Areas of Practice